Monday, February 23, 2009

2-2-2, GO!

Despite the legal system, Jaimie and I have always considered ourselves married. Being married is more than just signatures on a legal document ... it is something emotional and spiritual. That is what we have always had ... that deep connection between us.

Jaimie has been waiting for the right time to "officially" ask for my hand in marriage. One step was for both of us to have all our other legal ties cut. But last night, he realized that he was tired of waiting.

So, on 2/22, Jaimie got down on bended knee (in his bathrobe just after I finished feeding our son) and asked me to marry him. Tears welling in my eyes, I embraced him and said "Yes!, oh Gods Yes!"

It is now "official" ... Jaimie and I are engaged to be married ... but, again, despite all the legalities ... we already are husband and wife.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations Jessa!

The Callenders said...

Congrats!! I hope that ya'll can get married soon. Me and my hubby (fiancee) are still waiting to get married. We have been together for almost 2 years (may 25/09) and have been engaged for over a year. It sucks but i agree, we are married in my eyes. I just cant wait for the day that i FINALLY get to take his last name! Congrats again!!