Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Finally ... Air Show Pictures!

On August 16th, Jaimie, Miah, and I went to the Air Show at Offutt Air Force Base in the neighboring town of Bellevue. This was my first air show (that I can remember) and it was an absolutely perfect day. The only thing that tried to ruin it was some nasty crampy pains in my legs. I felt like I'd been doing some awful workout! But I didn't let it stop us from having a great time! Here's a few stills and a slideshow at the end. I'll also try to work in a couple of the (not too awful) videos I shot with my camera.

Jaimie and the F-15 Eagle

Jaimie and Miah in the back of the Stratotanker
USAF Honor Guard Drill Team performing
Two F-22 Raptors ... Jaimie's in love!
And here's the slideshow with lots of additional pictures!



As for the videos, I would first like to say that they all came out rather crappy. It has made me realize how much I hate my camera and need a new one. Don't get me wrong, my little HP Photosmart 317 has served me well ... but I'm tired of not being able to look thru a viewfinder (which sooooo would have helped on this beautiful sunny day), red-grainy videos, and blurry close-ups. I did some research on Kodak's website, and I've picked out the Z710 series ...it's one of the older series, but it's still better than what I have now. One day...

Anyway, on to a few less than perfect videos!

I can't remember which plane this was, but thanks to the stream of smoke you can follow it fairly easily as it rolls, climbs, and dives. It takes a few seconds before I actually 'find' it ...so be patient. =D



The next video is a dog fight between a P-51 Mustang (USA) and a Zero (Japan) from WWII. I lose them here and there, but you can see the 'explosions' as they 'fire' at each other.



This video is a snippet from the USAF Honor Guard Drill Team performance. They're doing the wave with 11 pound rifles with bayonets at the end. >.>



And here's the F-15 Eagle flying by ... she is super fast!



And the F-15 Eagle doing precise 90 degree turns ...on its side, upside down, on its other side, then rightside up again!



F-15 rolling by (can you tell we liked this one a lot?)



And lastly, one of the coolest things I've ever seen. They call it the "Heritage Flight" and it involves the World War II P-51 Mustang, the F-86 Sabre, and the F-15 Eagle. It gives me goosebumps every time I think about it!



And that will about do it for Air Show 2008 goodness!! Until next year!

No comments: