Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Guess Studying Does Pay Off

Last Wednesday morning I drove up to the hospital for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test (GTT). They drew my blood for the "fasting" reading, then I got to drink an even more sugar laden Glucola.

I got my blood drawn three more times after that, every hour.
Before the second blood draw I was feeling kinda blechy and very tired. So the two nurses who had been drawing my blood set up a bed for me in one of their nuclear stress test rooms. =D I ended up napping for an hour ... so that definitely made time go by quicker. I felt a lot better after the nap too ... and after the third blood draw I called Jaimie. As I was talking to him, he came up behind me in the hallway and surprised me! =D He was only able to stay for 15 minutes or so, but it was really nice having him there even for that short amount of time.

By 11:45 am, I was done with all my blood draws. They gave me a Sprite and graham crackers to make sure I had some sugar in me before I left. But I *so* stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got a chicken sandwich!! I
was starving! lol

I had my first actual doctor's appointment on Monday. I got to meet the doctor that will be delivering our little Baby Ohz (pending any unforseen circumstances). Her name is Dr. Gina Harper-Harrison and she's very nice. =D She showed me the results from the ultrasound and my 3 hour GTT. I only had one abnormal number ...you need at least two to be diagnosed with gestational diabetes. So yay!!! No G.D. for me!! =D The abnormal number was after my nap ...so I don't know if that had something to do with it or what. *shrugs*


As for the ultrasound results, she said everything looked great. She likes to see the baby within at least two weeks of your expected due date, and aside from his big ol' pumpkin head, Baby Ohz was right on track. Apparently his head was measuring at about 30 weeks (I was 27 weeks at the ultrasound) ...so when I told Jaimie about it, he joked that someone must have thrown a pumpkin on his head, like in World of Warcraft, for the Hallow's End festival. =D
Yes, we're total WoW G.N.E.R.D.S. =D Here's my "artist's rendering" of our little Pumpkin Head ...I'm sure he doesn't look this maniacal ...but who knows...


Otherwise, everything else has been going well. I ended up using my mom's idea of going on my local Freecycle group on Yahoo! to get 'free stuff'. I'm going to post about baby stuff in a week or so, but first tried posting for some maternity pants ('cause all I have are two maternity shirts and a pair of clam digger maternity pants! lol). I ended up finding a woman who gave me a grocery bag of maternity shirts and pants!! Woot! I was totally psyched about them ...and I have to say, I think the shirts are fantastic!! I look awesome with my cute little baby belly! =D Here's two pictures we took Sunday and Monday of my new duds!





















And, lastly, I caught Luna being cute Monday morning and luckily was able to get to my camera in time. We have an ottoman that goes with our couch ...but we rarely use it. Luna will sometimes jump up on it and look out the big window in our living room. Well, this time she'd made herself nice and cozy up there and was just staring out at the neighborhood. She is just too funny sometimes. =D So I leave you with her royal cuteness:

No comments: